Friday, October 30, 2009

Moon vs DS



Yesterday I got out again after a long, long waiting. I think I have hatred for clouds. I had planned to aim my 10" towards Ursa Major. Suprisingly, I couldn't find M81 (mag. 6) neither M82. I also tried M51(mag. 8,4), the Whirpool Galaxy, and M101. I found none. Oh yeah, Moon was on it's 84%. How stupid was I? Anyway, M57 (mag. 9) was stunning, it was located near to the zenith so the disturbance of the Moon was reduced. Only M31 was bright enough to reveal itself to me via 15x70 binocular but that was about it. Although the Pleiades made my day when the night went on. I also caught a bit of lunar surface on my memory stick as you can see. Let's see what I will come up with next time when there is no Moon interfereing. Oscar, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment